ClinicAid-AHS Billing Help

Guides to billing to Alberta Health (Hlink) with ClinicAid. Specific questions about common errors, specialized billing, and other special situation. Also includes Alberta cutoff dates and remittance periods.

In Alberta, how to bill a newborn without a PHN?
Billing for a newborn without a PHN (personal health number, registration number or ULI) in Alberta differs in ClinicAid depending on wether the patient is ...
Wed, 19 Jan, 2022 at 10:03 AM
Alberta cutoff dates and remittance periods
 The Alberta billing cycle is weekly and the official cutoff date is every Thursday at 4:00 PM. At ClinicAid, we batch and send invoices hourly.  Due to lar...
Mon, 25 Jan, 2021 at 3:39 PM
Unable to get patient's PHN
If an Alberta patient has given an invalid PHN, or don't know their PHN you can call the Registration Research Unit at 780.415.2288. You are limited to...
Fri, 28 Dec, 2018 at 10:30 AM
How do I handle a rejected claim with a wrong PHN if the PHN was previously out-of-province
Sometimes in Alberta a bill for an out-of-province patient is rejected because a patient has received in-province health care coverage and an Alberta prov...
Tue, 8 Nov, 2016 at 11:10 AM
Billing Armed Forces in Canada
Armed Forces bills are all handled Federally through BlueCross. You can find the relevant forms by following the below link:
Tue, 4 Aug, 2020 at 2:58 PM
Surgical and Anesthesia Billing - Most luctrative billing
ClinicAid includes a Code Calculator Feature that will calculate the number of units based on input time, or length of procedure as well as automatically di...
Fri, 28 Dec, 2018 at 11:08 AM
How do I submit a claim for reassessment?
To resubmit a claim that you think you have been over/underpaid for by Alberta Health you can view the claim in ClinicAid and click the Reassess button. Thi...
Fri, 28 Dec, 2018 at 11:34 AM
Alberta Medical Billing Explanatory Codes
EXPLANATORY CODES As of 2015-04-01  1 NOT REGISTERED We have no record of this person registered wi...
Thu, 14 Apr, 2016 at 2:16 PM
How do I submit an outdated claim?
In Alberta you have 90 days from the date of service to submit your claim. Unless you have an extenuating circumstance your claim will not be payable. For e...
Thu, 7 Jan, 2021 at 10:46 AM
How do I change or reassess an invoice with codes C or R ?
If on your Statement of Assessment you see an "APLY" code, it means that the claim has been processed and assessment is completed. The claim may b...
Mon, 15 Nov, 2021 at 1:13 AM